• Together we will shed light on the fear of rejection and abandonment.
• We will look beneath our protective armour, masks and strategies to learn how our emotional world works.
• We will explore how we can navigate these difficult feelings about ourselves and discover ways to allow, support and enhance deep love and intimacy.
12th February 2022
10:00 to 12:30 GMT (UK Time)
11:00 to 13:30 CET (Central European Time)
Have you ever felt rejected or abandoned? Or have you felt that you are not getting the attention and love that you would like? Everyone experiences this – it comes from our primal wound; the ‘Abandonment Wound’.
All humans, by the mere fact of incarnating in a body, have to experience the feeling of separation. We first experience it as babies – and for babies the source of love means SURVIVAL – so when we don’t receive it, even just for a moment, it creates feelings of disconnection and fear.
As adults we may experience it as:
• A hunger for attention.
• Seeking approval.
• A need to feel valued and accepted.
• An underlying fear and mistrust.
• A desire to feel connected.
• We might even try to fix it with sex or food or addictions…
When we feel rejected or not attended to, especially by who we view as our source of love or self-worth, then our abandonment wound is activated and it triggers suffering. This might look like tantrums, complaining, isolation, blaming, silence, demanding… anything to not feel the emptiness of abandonment.
The feeling of separation or abandonment on the one hand puts us in contact with a primal pain – but on the other hand, it offers us the opportunity to meet it with awareness and love. We can begin to live less in expectation and lack – and more in love and harmony, existing in the flow of life that we are longing for.
Together we will explore:
• How our emotional world works and how we have learnt to avoid it.
• What the abandonment wound is and how to manage it in a nourishing way.
• Co-dependent relationships vs. nurturing relationships.
• Demands and expectations: the cover up of the abandonment wound.
• Why we repeat painful patterns that sabotage our love and intimacy and how to stop doing it.
• How we destroy intimacy and self love: Trying to control the other one. Trying to change him/her. Playing cool/being distant. Expecting the other one to cover my void.
• How to handle and manage our insecurities, fears and emotional wounds in a healthy way.
• How to create healthy, mature and nourishing relationships with yourself and with others.
Get notified about new articles